Thursday, August 1, 2019

How To Improve English Speaking - Find a Teacher or a Class

How To Improve English Speaking - Find a Teacher or a Class


Hello, guys, how do you do?:)

A new topic on How To Improve English Speaking today - is it necessary to join an English class or you can learn English by yourself?

You might be interested in the issue or not care at all, but you should still read just in case.

MY TAKE ON THE SUBJECT.

Let me tell you my story - yes, I have been learning English since 4th grade and back then I went to extra courses in a pretty reputable English school in Moscow. I didn't want to study - it was my parents' decision. But the courses were forced on me, and I studied.

Result- For all the years following I was a top student in English classes in school and university. The teachers basically were catalysts for my improvement - they were there to correct me and they were there to guide me while I was in my initial stage of growth. As with any other skill - get the foundation right and go into the right direction.

But the question remains: Could I have learnt all this alone? The answer is always the same - yes, but there are so many tools nowadays you can use to leverage your learning speed.

Look at business owners. They don't do everything themselves - that would be humanly impossible. They have others working for them. That way you save your time.

HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR LESSONS

The universe rewards the proactive people who are willing to learn. Yes I was more successful than my peers in English, but it took me several years and I improved very slowly at first. At the age of 16 I still couldn't communicate fluently with Natives (I WAS a top student in school still, but my progress was slow)

So let me tell you my second experience - This time I was preparing for GRE and TOEFL exams.

I attended the classes and this time I committed to learning. It was no longer a 4th grader going with the flow, hoping chips will fall where they may. I told myself that no matter what I will get my scores from 1100 to 1450. And there were others - people who didn't want to learn. They were casual about it and had no idea what were they doing there. As a consequence there were two major differences between us:

1 - I committed myself to classes.

I did homework. They didn't.Doing homework is something you must do. It is one thing to have teacher explain something exciting during classes and another thing to revise it at home. It is a common experience for students to forget everything they were taught recently at classes. Repetition is the mother of skill.

2 - I was proactive during classes. I asked questions.

This is the second point. No one will understand if you have a problem or not unless you speak up and participate. If you don't ask now - the question will remain unanswered. So it is logical, that you should be proactive. Not for teacher to praise you - but for yourself, because ultimately this action directly helps YOU.



english speaking classes in pune

1 comment:

  1. Want to learn Spoken English classes in Pune? Then IT Education Centre has launched a Spoken English Training in Pune

    ReplyDelete